GM Jacek Stopa reveals the Dutch Defense, a powerful attacking weapon against 1.d4, 1.c4, and 1.Nf3 chess openings. When Magnus Carlsen needed to score important wins against Anand and Caruana, he turned to Dutch Defense. Trusted by many strong Grandmasters including Hikaru Nakamura, Alexander Grischuk, Vladimir Kramnik, and Veselin Topalov, the Dutch Defense is a perfect choice for those who want more than a draw with the Black pieces. A powerful and reliable weapon, the Dutch Defense gives you all the bells and whistles you need to outplay your opponents with Black!
Why play the Dutch Defense?
- The Dutch Defense is a great attacking opening with lots of play. It is very imbalanced right from the start. Black immediately challenges White’s position, gaining activity with clear attacking plans.
- The Dutch Defense is a rare guest at the club level meaning your opponents won’t be as prepared for it compared to popular openings such as the Slav and King’s Indian. This gives you an instant home-field advantage, providing a rapid boost in confidence, energy, and saving time on the clock.
- Dutch Defense setups can be used against 1.d4, 1.c4, and even most 1.Nf3 openings. You’re getting a universal weapon against anything White can come up with!
GM Stopa provides you with a detailed Grandmaster analysis, covers key ideas, explains important plans, goes over the piece placement and recommends top scoring lines and variations.
Here is what it will do for you:
- 3 Opening Choices – Leningrad, Classical and the Stonewall. When to use each one?
- A powerful surprise weapon in Leningrad Dutch – how to take White’s positional by storm!
- What to do against 1.Nf3 lines – an under-rated sideline that will bring you Elo points.
- The move order trick – how to transpose to the line you play best.
- Bulletproof setups for each and every of the White’s key continuations.
- Schematic Thinking – make decisions based on the strategic factors, not mere move memorization.
- Discrete Pattern Recognition – recognize typical plans and ideas before they actually occur at the board, this is the secret of being one step ahead of your competition.
- Whether you’re new to the Dutch or just need to know how to deal with the White’s response, GM Stopa’s opening Mastermind will get you tournament-ready in no time.
If you are ready to leave the old you behind and transform your opening play – let’s get started!
Complete set of PGNs
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs files of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have a treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important chess motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.