Botvinnik, Petrosian, Karpov, Kasparov and Carlsen have ONE thing in common. They all played the English Opening in World Chess Championship Matches – and they all had great success with it. Even Bobby Fischer dumped ‘best-by-test’ 1.e4 and played the English Opening later in his career… And it makes perfect sense. Not only do you avoid a huge chunk of theory favorable for Black (Grunfeld, Nimzo, etc.), but also transpose into the best lines for White! IM David Fitzsimons spent nearly 5 months preparing a complete repertoire with 1.c4! In this truly colossal work, David researched thousands of games to make sure he only included the most up-to-date, top-scoring lines possible. He tested and refined this repertoire through a series of games with different time controls and it exceeded all expectations!
Here’s what you will learn:
- Reverse Sicilian System – IM Fitzsimons goes for a little-known, direct hit recommended by GM Rakhmanov that allowed him to secure a draw against Magnus Carlsen. (Chapter 1)
- Maroczy Bind Formula – This structure can be reached via many different move orders, and David provides you with a complete algorithm for getting the upper hand in the arising positions. (Chapter 7-8)
- Mikenas Attack – This is IM Fitzsimons’ favorite attack, and it is very dangerous for Black. Even with Black’s perfect play, you have huge chances for an advantage. In many positions, it takes a Grandmaster to save the game. (Chapter 9-10)
- KID Antidote – David offers 2 very promising “Delayed Benoni” setups, leading to either tactical or strategic rails depending on your preferences. In any case, White has very good chances for a serious edge. (Chapter 11-12)
- Exchange Slav Sideline – Your opponent is going for Exchange Slav/Caro-Kann setups? Great! David analyzed all 936 games in the database and found a very strong, rare sideline leading to VERY tough positions for Black. (Chapter 15)
IM Fitzsimons wants you to have a truly complete opening preparation course. That’s why he also included some of the exclusive bonuses like…
- PGN Vault – The course comes loaded with fully commented PGN files, that include way more suggestions, analysis, and novelties than it was possible to fit in this 12-hour course!
- Comprehensive Video Summary – IM Fitzsimons recorded a video summary so you can quickly recap all the most important lines & ideas covered in the course in under 30-mins. Perfect for your pre-tournament warm-up!
- Recommended Reading List – IM Fitzsimons has handpicked 8 top books on the English Opening for you that every aspiring Champion must read.
In short, you are getting a complete International Master level opening preparation with 1.c4 that comes with everything you’ll ever need to win!