The Matrix U50 is the Ultimate Home Exercise Bike
If you want the very best money can buy, the new Matrix U50 is about as good as it gets, bringing a gym-quality machine right into your home for everyday use. With three console choices and loads of features and cutting edge technology, this one is a great option.
The U50 upright with the XER Console is well built and durable, designed with the same technologies as you find in the company's well regarded commercial bikes. It has a step-through frame for easy access, and the motion is smooth and natural.
Choose our U50 Upright Bike with the XR Console for a combination of advanced ergonomics, stability, comfort and versatility that will make your next ride your best ever. The Matrix U50 Upright Bike with XER Console has a convenient step-through design features our exclusive Exact Force Induction Brake, Dual Form Frame and Comfort Arc Seat. Our XR console features a clean, bright display that makes it easy for you to check your workout data at a glance, keeping you on track to reach and surpass your goals.
The Matrix U50 Upright Bike with the XER Console is a serious bike, the U50 is built to last for years and years with little no maintenance required. You get a good amount of workouts, smooth natural ride, console options and a solid warranty. There's really nothing missing here.
U50 has the smooth Exact Force resistance, and also has the Dual Form design for added stability, Comfort Arc seat for comfort and support, and one of the lowest step-through heights in the industry for easy access.
Call 1-800-875-9145 to speak with one of our fitness advisors with any quesions you may have about the Matrix U50 Upright Bike with XER Console.
- High Quality Frame: The Matrix U50 bike has a nearly 125-pound frame. Especially compact, it takes just 43″ x 25″ of floor space. Matrix home bike frames are under lifetime warranty.
- Induction Braking: The Matrix U50 with the XER Console uses induction braking for smooth and quiet transitioning between resistance levels. Trainees get 30 resistance options rather than the standard 20, so exercise is more customized. Also compared with rides that use magnetic braking instead of induction braking, the U50 responds more quickly to commands to alter the challenge. Overall the drive helps make this machine a perfect match for many ability levels and for trainees who appreciate more precise control over their training.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Matrix exercise bikes support both contact and wireless pulse monitoring. Contact heart rate sensors are built into the U50 handlebars, and a wireless chest strap is provided with purchase of certain Matrix monitors. The simplest console (XR) also has a wireless receiver but the chest strap is sold separately.
- Console Choice: The Matrix U50 bike is compatible with the XR, XER and XIR consoles. These have different display screens and different programming for workouts and entertainment/multitasking. The simplest option is the XR with 8.5″ wide LCD screen, five standard biking workouts, and Passport technology for viewing immersive Virtual Active video on a big screen TV. Essentially Passport lets you virtually bike in scenic destinations worldwide, getting sights and sounds that match your motion. (A Passport Media Player is required.) The middle option is the Matrix XER console with 10″ touch screen, ten standard workouts, Passport technology and Sprint8 training programs, which deliver speedy results through eight-week programs. Additionally the Matrix XER has apps for Facebook, Hulu, YouTube and more. The top Matrix bike console is the XIR with 16″ touch screen. It has the same features as the XER but a wider screen, one additional preset workout program, and an Internet browser.
- Sprint8: Built into the top Matrix consoles is the Sprint8 exercise app developed by the bike’s manufacturer. For multiple skill levels Sprint8 delivers eight-week high intensity interval training programs. These yield results very efficiently: Exercise just 20 minutes every other day to quickly see weight loss and more lean muscle mass along with a better cholesterol count.
- Virtual Active: Immersive video tours are supported by all Matrix U50 bike consoles. Virtual Active videos capture high-definition “bike’s eye” views of varied destinations around the world: national parks, mountain villages, busy cities, island trails and more. Virtual Active videos are supplied with the XER and XIR consoles and can be watched on their touch screens. Another viewing option with these consoles and the standard XR is watching Virtual Active on a big screen TV. This requires connecting a Passport Media Player, which is sold separately.
- Data Tracking: Whatever console is chosen, the Matrix U50 has its manufacturer’s ViaFit app for easy data sharing with other apps and equipment. Additionally the Matrix XER and XIR have the popular fitness management app MyFitnessPal.
- Audio: Speakers are aboard the U50 when it’s topped with an XER or XIR console. Connect your MP3 player or use an included app to enjoy music and podcasts without your earbuds.
- High Capacity: Matrix upright exercise bikes have 350 pound (159 kg) weight capacities.
- Adjustable Seat: A lever is attached to the bike seat for convenient up/down adjustment. Matrix home exercise bike seats are molded for comfort and have universal stems; you can attach any standard bike saddle if preferred.
- Multiposition Handlebars: Handlebars on the U50 are multi-position to support various riding poses. Heart rate grips are integrated.
- Interchangeable Pedals: Pedals on this bike are self-balancing and under warranty for seven years. They can be replaced with other standard bike pedals if desired.
- Water Bottle Holder: Each Matrix home exercise bike has an integrated water bottle holder.
- Compact: A big selling point for the U50 is its small size. This durable bike measures just 43″ long x 25.2″ wide x 47.2″ high (106 x 64 x 120 cm).
- Warranty: includes lifetime protection for the frame, seven years for parts, and two years for labor. Matrix home bike consoles are sold with five-year warranties.
Smart ErgonomicsThe Matrix U50 Upright Bike with the XER Console has an optimized Pedal Spacing (a scientific measurement of the distance between the bike’s key elements) that improves the application of force during the pedal stroke, making every ride more efficient and easier on your joints.
The Matrix U50 Upright Bike with the XER Console is Easily Customizable
You can attach standard outdoor handlebars, saddle and pedals to customize your cycle to your unique style and needs.
The Matrix U50 Upright Bike with the XER Console handlebars adjust via an easy-lift lever and the seat adjusts with a turn-and-pull knob for an ideal fit, plus handgrip resistance controls make it easy to adjust the level of challenge without interrupting your workout.
Comfort Arc™ Seat
The Matrix U50 Upright Bike Comfort Arc™ Seat is ergonomically molded to provide unmatched comfort, support and balance during workouts.
MATRIX U50 XER INTUTIVE CONSOLE
|Resistance Range||30 Levels, electronically adjustable||30 Levels, electronically adjustable||20 Levels, electronically adjustable||20 Levels, electronically adjustable|
|Electrical Requirements||120V AC power, 15A circuit||120V AC power, 15A circuit||120V AC power, 15A circuit||120V AC power, 15A circuit|
|Max User Weight (lbs)||350||350||350||350|
|Assembled Dimensions (L x W x H)||43" x 25.2" x 47.2"||63" x 25.6" x 48.4"||160 x 65 x 123 cm / 63" x 25.6" x 48.4"||43" x 25.2" x 47.2"|
|Frame Type||Dual Form™||Dual Form™||Dual Form™||Dual Form™|
|Pedal Type||Self-Balancing Pedals||Self-Balancing Pedals||Self-Balancing Pedals||Self-Balancing Pedals|
|Seat Type||Comfort Arc Upright Seat||Comfort Arc™ mesh seatback with recline||Club Comfort Arc™ seat with adjustable lumbar control||Comfort Arc Upright Seat|
|Resistance System||Exact Force||Exact Force||ECB magnetic brake||ECB magnetic brake|
|Home Warranty - Frame||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|Home Warranty - Brake||NA||5 years||5 years||NA|
|Home Warranty - Generator||NA||NA||×||NA|
|Home Warranty - Parts||7 years||7 years||5 years||5 years|
|Home Warranty - Labor||2 years||2 years||2 years||2 years|
|Commercial Warranty - Frame||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Commercial Warranty - Parts||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Commercial Warranty - Labor||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Adjustable Pedal Straps||×||×||×||×|
|Seat Adjustment||Easy-Lift Lever, Vertical||Easy-Lift Lever, Horizontal, Vertical||Easy-Lift Lever, Vertical||Turn & Pull Knob, Vertical|
|Extras||Heart Rate Grips, Water Bottle Holder||Heart Rate Grips, Water Bottle Holder||Passport Ready, Water Bottle Holder||Heart Rate Grips, Water Bottle Holder|
|Heart Rate||Hand Grips||Chest Strap, Hand Grips, Polar Wireless Receiver||Hand Grips||Hand Grips|
|Johnson Exclusive Technologies||Comfort Arc, Dual Form, Exact Force, Passport Ready, Sprint 8, ViaFit, Virtual Active||Comfort Arc, Dual Form, Exact Force, Passport Ready, ViaFit, Virtual Active||Comfort Arc, Dual Form, Passport Ready, Sprint 8, ViaFit, Virtual Active||Comfort Arc, Dual Form, Exact Force, Passport Ready, Sprint 8, ViaFit, Virtual Active|
|Virtual Active Integrated|
|Home Warranty (Console) - Parts||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Home Warranty (Console) - Labor||2 years||2 years||2 years||2 years|
|Console Specs |
|Virtual Active Integrated||No||Yes||Yes|
|Wi-Fi Enabled||Software Updates, ViaFit Connectivity||Software Updates, ViaFit Connectivity, Entertainment Apps||Software Updates, ViaFit Connectivity, Entertainment Apps|
|Home Warranty (Console) - Parts||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Home Warranty (Console) - Labor||2 years||2 years||2 years|
|Display||8.5" Extra-wide blue LCD||10" class touchscreen||16" class HD touchscreen|
|Entertainment||Passport Ready, ViaFit||Change Workout, Facebook, Hulu Plus, MyFitness Pal, Netflix, Sprint 8, Track, Twitter, ViaFit, Virtual Active, Weather, YouTube||Change Workout, Facebook, Hulu Plus, My Media, MyFitness Pal, Netflix, Sprint 8, Track, Twitter, Virtual Active, Weather, Web Browser, YouTube|
|Programs||Calorie, Intervals, Manual, Rolling Hills, Sprint 8, Target Heart Rate (speed based)||Calorie, Calorie Goal, Distance, Distance Goal, Fat Burn, Incline, Intervals (Incline), Intervals (Resistance), Manual, Rolling Hills, Speed, Sprint 8, Target HRT, Time||Calorie, Calorie Goal, Distance, Distance Goal, Fat Burn, Incline, Intervals (Incline), Intervals (Resistance), Manual, Rolling Hills, Speed, Sprint 8, Target HRT, Time|
|Workout Feedback||Calories, Current Speed (MPH/KPH), Heart Rate, Incline, Miles/Kilometers, Pace, Time Elapsed, Time Remaining||Average Pace, Calories, Calories Per Hour, Clock, Current Speed (MPH/KPH), Elevation, Heart Rate, Incline %, METs, Miles/Kilometers, Pace, Peak Heart Rate, Previous Incline %, Previous Speed (MPH/KPH), RPM, Time Elapsed, Time Goal, Time Remaining, Watts||Average Pace, Calories, Calories Per Hour, Clock, Current Speed (MPH/KPH), Elevation, Heart Rate, Incline %, METs, Miles/Kilometers, Pace, Peak Heart Rate, Previous Incline %, Previous Speed (MPH/KPH), RPM, Time Elapsed, Time Goal, Time Remaining, Watts|